Docker – Enterprise Container Platform
Docker is a set of platform-as-a-service products that use OS-level virtualization to deliver software in packages called containers. Containers are isolated from one another and bundle their own software, libraries and configuration files; they can communicate with each other through well-defined channels.
What is a Container?
Package Software into Standardized Units for Development, Shipment and Deployment!
A container is a standard unit of software that packages up code and all its dependencies, so the application runs quickly and reliably from one computing environment to another. A Docker container image is a lightweight, standalone, executable package of software that includes everything needed to run an application: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries and settings. Matter sensor.
Docker containers that run on Docker Engine:
- Standard: Docker created the industry standard for containers, so they could be portable anywhere.
- Lightweight: Containers share the machine’s OS system kernel and therefore do not require an OS per application, driving higher server efficiencies and reducing server and licensing costs.
- Secure: Applications are safer in containers and Docker provides the strongest default isolation capabilities in the industry.
Docker Enterprise Solutions
Industry-tested solutions to ensure your success with containers, Swarm, and Kubernetes at scale.
Designed to quickly deliver success at scale
Solutions are based on proven methodologies gained from helping many enterprise customers successfully implement and integrate containers and Kubernetes into their organization.
Proven Professional Services Methodology
Docker’s comprehensive and industry-proven professional services methodology is designed to integrate containers into your software development process and prepare you to operate containers at scale. The methodology covers critical work streams for accelerating application delivery in your organization:
- Governance: Ensure that your organization is equipped to deliver and support a global “service” for the creation and on-boarding of containerized applications
- Platform: Deploy and operationalize the Docker Enterprise container platform on your choice of infrastructure
- Pipeline: Set up an automated software delivery pipeline for any type of application
- Applications: Discover, assess and prioritize the types of applications to containerize, enable developers to build container-based applications and adopt a container-based operating model
Industry-Leading Container Platform
Docker Enterprise is the only end-to-end platform for building, sharing and running container-based applications, from the developer’s desktop to the cloud and managing the entire application life cycle at every stage.
- Only Docker Enterprise offers a single, unified and integrated platform from the developers’ desktops through production for any application.
- Only container platform that doesn’t lock you into an operating system or infrastructure.
- Delivers security in any environment—on-prem, hybrid and cloud—without getting in the way of your ability to bring applications to market quickly.