Plug & Sense – Smart City Pro
The main applications for the Waspmote Plug & Sense – Smart City PRO model are noise maps (monitor in real time the acoustic levels in the streets of a city), air quality, waste management, smart lighting, etc. Smart Cities PRO board is to extend the monitoring functionalities from indoor environments to outdoor locations, in order to perform IoT projects in Smart Cities and urban environments.
Some of the Smart Cities sensor applications are :
Monitoring of parking spaces availability in the city.
Monitoring of vibrations and material conditions in buildings, bridges and historical monuments.
Noise Urban Maps
Sound monitoring in bar areas and centric zones in real time.
Detect iPhone and Android devices and in general any device which works with WiFi or Bluetooth interfaces.
Eletromagnetic Field Levels
Measurement of the energy radiated by cell stations and and WiFi routers.
Monitoring of vehicles and pedestrian levels to optimize driving and walking routes.
Intelligent and weather adaptive lighting in street lights.
Detection of rubbish levels in containers to optimize the trash collection routes.
Intelligent Highways with warning messages and diversions according to climate conditions and unexpected events like accidents or traffic jams.
The Smart Cities PRO board adds support for the Noise Level Sensor too…!!
List of Sensors available :
- Noise / Sound Level Sensor (dBA / LeqA) + Calibration Tests
- Particle Matter (PM1 / PM2.5 / PM10) – Dust Sensor
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) [Calibrated] (low and high concentrations)
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) [Calibrated]
- Molecular Oxygen (O2) [Calibrated]
- Ozone (O3) [Calibrated]
- Nitric Oxide (NO) [Calibrated] (low concentrations)
- Nitric Dioxide (NO2) [Calibrated] (high accuracy)
- Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) [Calibrated] (high accuracy)
- Ammonia (NH3) [Calibrated] (low and high concentrations)
- Methane (CH4) [Calibrated] – and other combustible gases
- Molecular Hydrogen (H2) [Calibrated]
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) [Calibrated]
- Hydrogen Chloride (HCl) [Calibrated]
- Hydrogen Cyanide (HCN) [Calibrated]
- Phosphine (PH3) [Calibrated]
- Ethylene Oxide (ETO) [Calibrated]
- Chlorine (Cl2) [Calibrated]
- Atmospheric pressure
- Luminosity (Luxes Accuracy) for Smart Lighting
- Ultrasound (distance measurement)
The Smart city directional probe, the Smart city ultrasound sensor probe may be placed in different positions. The sensor can be focused directly to the point we want to measure.
The Plug & Sense! encapsulated line offers to users:
- Robust waterproof IP65 enclosure
- Add or change a sensor probe in seconds
- Solar powered external panel option
- Radios available: 802.15.4, 868 MHz, 900 MHz, WiFi, 4G, Sigfox and LoRaWAN
- Over the air programming (OTAP) of multiple nodes at once (via WiFi or 4G radios)
- Special holders and brackets ready for installation in street lights and building fronts
- Graphical and intuitive interface Programming Cloud Service
- Built-in, 3-axes accelerometer
- External, contactless reset with magnet
- Optional industrial protocols: RS-485, Modbus, CAN Bus
- Optional GPS receiver
- Optional External Battery Module
- External SIM connector for the 4G models
- Fully certified: CE (Europe), FCC (USA), IC (Canada), ANATEL (Brazil), RCM (Australia), PTCRB (USA, cellular
connectivity), AT&T (USA, cellular connectivity)
More information about Plug & Sense – Smart Cities Pro by Libelium is available here.